Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day 2010!




Well its election day here in our little area!

I got off to a late start and didn't get in to vote until around 2:30 this afternoon. At this time of the day the turn out was light but and there was no line to wait in. BUT there were people coming in at a very steady pace!

One (actually I should say the only) issue on the ballot box (besides the candidates running) has to do with lowering the percentage number of area registered voters needed to be able to vote / enact on ordinances in this area. Currently a 30% number of area registered voters are needed but the ballot question asks to lower that percentage number to 7%.

Of course I won't tell you how I voted (however I will mention that I have been disappointed with some of this area's local politicians!) but what I will tell you is that election day here in LaMott is always a busy kind of day! Neighbors meet and greet each other here and we get to see neighbors that we haven't seen in a while and even meet some new ones!

So if you haven't gone out to vote yet you have until 8pm tonight!

Remember our polling place is the LaMott Community Center at Willow and Sycamore Aves.

For more information, remember that our polling place is:

The LaMott Community Center
7420 Sycamore Ave
LaMott, PA 19027
(215)635-3255

No comments: