Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another Resident Comments!



Hey, I live in LaMott too. Are you aware of LaMott Town Center proposal?
I hear taxes are going up again for the next year. And economic development around and possibly in the LaMott residential area itself is in the works.
I am all for making the area more beautiful but more retail stores and/ or apartment buildings are a NO for me. I think they have their eyes on John Russell Park.


The above is a comment that was left on my blog. I felt that it was important to include it as a blog entry because there are so many things going on in this area and a lot of residents aren't aware of it!

I realize that its very hard to keep abreast of things in one's own local area - especially when you are out working every day!

There are so many rumors (and unfortunately some of them are true!) going on that it's important to be able to know which news is rumors and which ones are facts!

If you have a concern, want to voice your opinion or just want to know more about what's going on in this area then please be sure to continue to visit (and comment) on this blog. I'm still working on a way to provide links and other related information about this area and what is (and is not) going on in this area!

2 comments:

Mellon said...

Hello again Rose,

Just was wondering if you knew about the LaMott Civic Association meeting coming up at the LaMott community center on Thursday January 29th at 7-9 pm.
It seems that there is a need to try and bring the LaMott village together and help the residents, especially the elderly with whatever they need. Also, keeping the residents aware of things going on in general so that we will have a voice within the township when it comes to LaMott.

Sincerely,

BJ

Rose said...

Actually I did know about the meeting for LaMott Civic Assoc. I attended the very first meeting back in December.

However the weather was so bad that day that I wasn't able to attend but the more people that know about the meeting - the better.

We can't all attend every meeting but we can all be informed about every meeting.