Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Learning Google Earth??????????????


And it ain't easy! The picture on the right is showing my first attempt at trying to learn how to post. Actually its a new feature (at least new to me) of Google Earth that show a map of your specific area.

For those of you that don't know Google Earth is a map-like program that shows ariel views - not just inside the United States but all over the globe. Of course the first area I looked for was my own and I was surprised at the detail. Basically you can see the area from above - meaning the rooftops but you can zoom in and out as well.

What I'm working on is learning how to add my own overlays to the maps. There is a Google Earth community (a messageboard-type forum) where you can join (for free) and post your own overlays. And there are a LOT of members and they post everything from where they live to interesting sites in their area. So I'm learning how to do that too.

If others can post about their communities then I want to be able to add our community as well.

And that reminds me - if you have any "interesting" areas in the LaMott/Cheltenham area that you would like to share just let me know and I will add it to the overlay map.

No comments: