Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Students are moving in (or out?)

I don't know if they're moving in or out?

I saw a small uhaul truck parked outside and of course its because of the students. As I write this I don't know if they are moving in or out. I'm guessing that they could be moving in but I don't know for sure.

With all the rumors circulating around about whether or not Temple's Tyler School of Art will close their campus in Cheltenham you wouldn't be able to tell by all the students that are moving in (or out). I know some of the students don't want it and I know that some of the parents don't want it. I see the students all the time either walking to the school or coming from the bus stop and walking towards the school. There was a time back when the students used to sun bathe on the grounds of the dormitory. I have seen some students on the campus with their easels painting - mostly the scenery around them. I've seen a few students who live in the Lynnewood Gardens Apartment complex which is right across from the school. There are cars parked everywhere! The campus has a pretty big parking lot from what I can see but still there are cars parked all around the campus including the street that I live on. I hear the sounds of the car doors slamming, the students talking, the students arguing and the students laughing.

I don't mind the noise too much. It's always good to hear activity in the area. I do mind when they park their cars in front of the driveway. I have heard from other neighbors about this when the cars are blocking their driveways and they have had to call the police.

So this "moving in" period is bound to last for the next couple of days.................

No comments: