Saturday, March 01, 2008

We Had A Little Power Outage Today!



Last night I noticed that the lights upstairs were "flickering" but I really didn't do anything about it. I figured that it was just because it was so windy that something was messing with the electricity and I went to bed a little earlier than usual Then something woke me up at around 4am early this morning. The first thing that I noticed was that my little table clock wasn't lit up so I didn't know what time it was - so I checked my cellphone (that's how I knew what time it was).

Well it seems we had a power outage in the area. I call it a "little" power outage because I found out that not all of the electricity was out in the house. Some lights worked and some didn't. It seems we had a "partial" outage.

I don't know if anyone else was aware of it since it was so early in the morning. And then as a day went on it started to rain - a little heavy at one time. Around 6:30am I heard the PECO truck outside. It went away and then it came back.

Some time later the power was restored and I came to find out later that several other people had reported the outage as well. But I'm assuming that they reported it much later than 4am - because I wondered who would be up at that time since it was early on a Saturday morning.

Did you notice it or were you not affected by it?

No comments: