Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day! - Yes I went and voted!

Since my mother and I are registered in the same area we both went together. The weather was quite nice and there were a lot of people out, especially to vote. The line wasn't very crowded - though we both went around noon-time there were about 4 people ahead of us and about 6 behind us waiting in line. We didn't have any problems voting although I do think that the person that used the voting booth before me didn't cast their vote because their choice was still lit up! It's my understanding that once you press the screen where you pick your choice it will light up and then you press the "cast vote" button and your vote is counted and the screen (meaning the light) goes out so that the person after you won't know how you voted.

As always the voting booths were at the LaMott Community Center and there were several people out and about. There is a handicapped ramp for those that need it and coffee and donuts were being served just outside the community center. So if you haven't gone and voted yet please be sure to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rose: is Lamott accessible by the C bus? I have been to the Korean Neighborhood and the Tyler school of art, but don't know where LaMott is.

Sam